SUGGESTIONS FOR THE 2ND ANNUAL
STAY-AT-HOME WALK 2016
Greetings to all absorbing the contents of this document.
OUR 2ND ANNUAL STAY AT HOME WALK HAS BEEN SCHEDULED. We are
reaching out to the community for Teams and Team Leaders to take on a
greater role in the operation of the facility by holding a series of mini
walks. These walks can be done on a schedule worked out by the Team
Leader and its members.
STAY-AT-HOME Walks start on June 1 and complete by July 11, 2016. A
celebration or social will be held on Saturday, July 16, 2016 at the Gary
Career Center located at 1800 East 35th Avenue, Gary, Indiana. The Registration fee is $15.00 for each walker. In addition each walker is asked to solicit sponsors for his/her walking activities. Our goal for this venture is $25, 000. We desperately need 50 Team Leaders to commit to $500.00 for your team. EXAMPLE: If your team has ten members that pays a $15.00 Registration Fee and get donors to sponsor their walk, $500.00 over the six week period is possible.
THE WALK (EXAMPLES)
1) You may walk as a team, small groups, etc.
2) You may walk at the mall, while shopping at 'big box' stores or Village Center or malls.
3) Walk during your lunch hour at work, example is LC Government complex.
4) You may walk at the park or fitness center.
5) You may park your car and walk the distance to/from your office, etc.
6) Forget the escalator and make time to take the stairway more often.
7) You may do laundry in your basement, make more trips up and down.
8) What about walks on cyberspace? Get others to join you. Can you think
TEAM LEADERS WILL:
1) Get Team Members and distribute Sponsor Sheets/Sponsor Envelopes.
2) Completes Registration forms for Walkers & Collects the $15.00 fee.
3) Determine a location, day/date and time for your team to walk.
4) Does follow-up and collects any/all funds from Sponsors/Walkers
5) Reports all details on the above to Walk Chair-lady, Mrs. Ganell Richardson
6) Immediately reports all funds collected to Walk Chair-lady, Mrs. Richardson, Executive Director, Mary M. Edwards or Fiscal Manager, Mr. Richard Reese at 2120 Broadway, Gary, IN. of Brothers’ Keeper. Call Brothers' Keeper at (219) 882-4459 for reports and /or more information.
There will be prizes for the first, second and third place winners that raises the most funds. Each Team Leader will be given one free ticket to the Golden-Age Fashion Show and Salad Bar given by the Women's Auxiliary of Brothers' Keeper at the Gary Area Career Center on Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 4:00 p. m.. Any Team Member can purchase a ticket to this event for $10.00. Team Sponsors will be recognized in the printed media.
1) Sponsors will be recognized in printed media
2) Team Leaders will become foot soldiers for this cause and will
Receive one pro bono Admit Ticket to celebration of winners.
3) Walkers become role models for indigent clients
4) Indigent clients are removed from hanging out in street & has structured
programs and they are available to help with community service projects.
5) The Shelter facility remains viable in the community and does not
make another empty building in the community.
6) Can you add to this list?
A list of TEAMS AND TEAM LEADERS is available if you would like to see the groups you will be competing against for the first, second or third prizes. Add additional teams ASAP to increase the funds to assist with shelter operation.